When it rains, it stains

Yeah yeah yeah, not as catchy as when it rains it pours, but still true none the less, at least at our house. Looks like we've got a roof leak staining our ceiling in the entry portion of our living roof. It started small with a little brown spot on the ceiling when my Mom was here earlier this month. Since its right near the wall and perfectly in line with the outside eave vent I figured it was from some blowing rain getting up in there. After yesterday and last night's rain I'm not so sure since the winds weren't that bad, we just got hit with a good amount of rain. The stain just about tripled in size overnight which means its getting worse. I crawled up into our attic to see if I could see anything but basically I just shined the flashlight around because I'm a bit too big to get all the way out to the eave with our low roof pitch and I don't especially want to pull down the drywall right now. Our roof is in decent shape, or so we thought, but I do know our gutters are starting to fall off the house, which could be part of the problem too. I've been putting off the gutters since we need new fascia boards and some areas of eaves too and those need to be done first or at the same time as the gutters. All this deferred maintenance is catching up with us. Ahh the joys of being a homeowner.

Anyways, Isaiah is being a typical 2 year old full of fits and bad attitude. Well maybe more than the typical because we're looking into seeing a neuropsychologist who deals with behavioral issues and developmental delays. We know some of the spats are from the fact he's got the verbal communication skills of an 18month old and he's frustrated, but sometimes they're just for seemingly no reason at all.

We also learned that he's developed a real fear of thunderstorms after last night's storms rolled through. He's been a bit under the weather since Friday morning and last night got up from the thunder and then began projectile vomiting all over the living room and bathroom. I'm talking three to four feet here. Gross I know, because both Rachel and I had to deal with the aftermath of it all. We know he was under the weather, but it may also have been some nerves adding to the whole wrong way exit of dinner from his body. I know I used to get very upset during thunderstorms when I was younger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres