Hydrocephalus?

Rachel was at Dr. Hudgin's this morning to get Isaiah's staples out of his head and he didn't like how big Isaiah's head was looking. It seems he may have hydrocephalus like they feared we would have to watch out for. Rachel is now sitting at Children's waiting to have another CT scan done and she'll be heading back over to the doctors office so they can look them over and determine what the course of action is if he does in fact show signs of water on the brain.

I'm still sitting at work here on my lunch hour, but its a bit nerve wracking. We don't know anything for sure as of yet, but I felt like I should do an update today.

Other than this little scare, everything has been going quite well with his health. The incision/scar is looking good, he's been a bit less fussy lately and he's been sleeping quite well. We actually had to wake him up for his nebulizer and feeding over night, rather than him waking up first.

Before this whole hydrocephalus stuff came up Rachel and I have both been beyond stressed out right now, but for many different reasons. Its hard for me to leave her to go to work, but she's had a ton of help from both her Mom and Sister and my family when they've been in town. Even with them aroudn though, he's been so fussy lately you almost have to have him in your arms at all times and that doesn't even work most time. She's also been trying to deal with all of the health coverage snafus and EOBs and bills and calls to doctors while home, but it's been difficult to fit them all in. Me I'm just my normal stressed out self at work, but I don't exactly get the relaxation at home that I used to since I try to help Rachel out as much as I can when I'm home so she can get a bit of a break. We both, in general, don't feel like we've gotten much of a break since he was born, but much of that is normal first time parenthood, but a good chunk has to do with all his 'issues'.

We holding up though, but we appreciate any prayers and good vibes you can send our way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am praying that the Dr is just being cautious and that there is no water on his brain. My heart goes out to you and Rachel with handling so much at one time. Isaiah is very lucky to have 2 loving parents and your combined families & friends. Sending over all of the good vibes and prayers I can muster up.

XOXO
Marpessa
Ed said…
Best of luck to your family, though since Isaiah seems to be in very competent care, both at home and in the hospital, I'm sure you'll all get through this!
Don't know if this is the kind of good vibe you were looking for, but I finally found a job - maybe some of that good luck will rub off on you too! :)
-Ed
Nancy said…
Brian and Rachel - I can only imagine how difficult this whole situation has been since Isaiah's birth. First baby stress is hard enough, but with all these other responsiblities put on you also, some days must be very difficult. Please know that all of you are kept in our daily prayers for strength in coping and the joy in loving that precious child.

Nancy

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres