Mountains and Valleys

Today has been one of those roller coaster days. First you're up, then you're down, there's a few twists, a couple loops for good measure, and then you're right back where you started and asking yourself 'was that it?' Well I hope so for now. We had some fun insurance things today regarding Isaiah's surgery scheduled for Tuesday next week. Apparently somehow Coventry thought we were doing it here in Atlanta which is not the case. This after yesterday we were alarmed to find out that Medical City in Dallas was going to be out of network for us. After many frantic phone calls, a bit of anxious wait and see, and a couple bouts of crying (some sad, some happy) we are fairly confident that almost all the providers will be covered as in network for his surgery come tuesday. Our last hurdle is getting the okay from Dr Leonard tomorrow that he's healthy enough for surgery.

So yeah, there were times today I thought I was going to have a heart attack. This whole surgery thing, though its been scheduled for a couple months, seems to have snuck up on me and I'm totally not ready for it. Maybe all this insurance stuff was subconsciously making me think it wasn't going to happen so I haven't really been readying myself for it emotionally. I've got the 12 hr drive to Dallas to psych myself up I guess. Plus we get to meet some more Apert families on the way there which should hopefully help some. Isaiah is 9 months old tomorrow and for all the stress we've been through I feel like he should be 20 something already but memory and experience wise it feels more like he's 9 weeks old.

This whole surgery in a different city 800+ miles away thing is kind of crazy feeling, but we know its the best care for him possible, but it seemingly is putting about 20 times the stress on Rachel and me. I don't know how to explain it, its just an odd thing. To think 2 years ago Rachel and I were still up in Minnesota, relatively carefree, not tied to anything, flexible, and free. Fast forward 21 months and we've got a house, one paycheck, and the worlds happiest baby, who just happens to have some serious medical maladies. It's quite the change. I wouldn't give it up for anything, but I'm still adjusting and I think I'll still be adjusting for the next 20 years. Anyways, we're trying to think positive and hopefully all goes well in big D.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Guys,

I am praying that all goes well with Dr. Leonard tomorrow. and the subsequent surgery. Meeting some other Apert families and talking some of the anxiety out should help . Please know that my thoughts and prayers and BIG, BIG HUGS are with you all .

XOXO
Marpessa

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy St Nicks Day