Smurf's up

So the little guy is doing well. We're officially over the hump with the casts right now with yesterday being the halfway point. We've got an appointment a week from Wednesday with Dr. Leonard to help us peel off the casts, then the fun of all the dressing changes begins. He's been doing surprisingly well to us, crabby a fair amount, but much less than we thought. It's just been hard to decipher what his cries are meaning these days for Rachel, for me its no different. She could usually tell what he wanted by the way he cried. Me not so much. I always have my checklist of is he wet/dirty dip, is he hot/cold, is he hungry, and one of those usually takes care of things.

In other news I cleaned 3/4's of our basement yesterday. I've been helping my neighbor remodel their den into a future nursery for their son they are expecting and needed to make room for the cedar paneling we took down last weekend that I will eventually be using when I finish off a portion of our basement as a playroom / media theater. Its amazing how much space a little organization brings.

Rachel and I went to the Opera today and saw the Fliegende Hollander (Flying Dutchman) while grandma H watched the little smurf. I enjoyed it since it was sung in German and I got to flex my memory of the language from HS and college. We got to go backstage and see the set and all. I love getting to see that extra bit to see how its all done. It was a nice break, but its back to work again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy St Nicks Day