Cast Away

So the little wiggle worm, AKA Isaiah, managed to shake off one of his casts this evening much to my dismay. We knew it was coming loose somewhat since the end of it had ended up down by his elbow and he just kept shaking it more and more. I was washing bottles in the kitchen and next thing you know Rachel is yelling so I come into the room only to see the little guy holding up his hand, pointing it at me almost as if to say, 'hey look what I found!' Me, being not so good with blood and wounds, even after 9months of this all, went into a little bit of shock before realizing we had yet to buy the saline and bandages we needed for his dressing changes since the casts aren't supposed to come off until a week from Wednesday. I made a late run to Walgreens and grabbed some contact solution and the other stuff I needed to get us through the night.
I want to let you all know, we've been told its okay if the cast come off early, we just get to start the process of changing dressings 3 times a day a little early. Plus the best part is we got to see him wiggle his little fingers already!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh wow! That's a lot to take in... but I'm sure seeing him wiggle those fingers makes it all worth while!

love in Christ,
Mat and Malia Lehnertz

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres