The Pianist - 08/16/09

FYI I'm going to put the post date into the title until I can find the time to figure out the programming for the date so you don't think I'm writing about today 2 weeks ago (though it would be nice to have that kind of foresight)

So we're realizing rather quickly that Isaiah got the music genes from both of us. He seems to appreciate his Dad's (my) quirky taste in music and was bopping around to some Finnish Hip Hop / Electronica while I was cleaning the house in preparations for my Mom and Sister coming tomorrow. He's also quite the piano player. Rachel's got a nice keyboard that does all the drums, 150+ different instruments and plays full songs and the like. He sits there banging away, turning on and off the drums, changing instruments, making the keyboard play Celine Dion's "My heart will go on." It's all pretty amusing. I did get some of it on the camcorder and will see if I can figure out a way to get it online. His casts barely even slow him down.

Our fridge is dying now. Yet another thing to add to the litany of 'little' problems that seem to keep coming lately. It's freezing some things in the main compartment, and not cooling some things enough and the compressor makes some awful noises about 1 in every 10 times it kicks on. So we hastily bought a new refrigerator today and it's being delivered on Thursday. Nothing fancy, just a simple white refrigerator, but we went with a bottom mount freezer. Personally I like them better from remembering my Grandparent's fridge in Itasca, IL back in the 80's and thinking it was the coolest thing ever that I could get my own popsicles, which I hope to let Isaiah do sometime in the future too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy St Nicks Day