The $67,000 Pyramid


Dick Clark here, okay not really. I'm just in a bit of a goofy mood lately. Stress tends to do that to me sometimes. Anyways, we got some fun mail today a bill for over $67K from the hospital in Dallas where Isaiah had his last surgery in November. Apparently our insurance and them are not seeing eye to eye, or should I say network to network since for some reason this time it's getting processed as out of network. We're not paying $67,000 as of yet though. We're going to go through the whole appeals process, and I know we've said we have that as an option in the past for big bills, but it never got to that point. This time, I think it will. Oh the joys! See where the stress is coming from?

I've been trying to keep it light lately because for once Rachel is more worried about something than I am (and I'm the one with anxiety issues!) She feels like she's taking on the insurance company all by her lonesome, and that's no easy task. I try to help where I can, but my help isn't that great all the time. At least we have a little jaunt to Disney World next week for a much needed 5 day vacation that should do us some good. I've got to figure out a way to smuggle in a party sub so we don't have to pay for food... just kidding, the oil and vinegar dressing would just get too messy, plus we always have to get a pretzel in Germany at EPCOT, and some ice cream from Mrs. Pott's in the MK.

We really are doing okay over here, and we're fine in the money department for now, please don't worry about that. Check back in a year from now when this whole appeals process has taken its course though! In the meantime thoughts and prayers, and magical powers over insurance claim processors are greatly appreciated.

Comments

Brian, Insurance issues are never fun! we are still bickering over $500 and some odd dollars from josies last hand surgery. It was out of network (i had prior authorization to go out of network) and the bill is slowly getting wittled down. It was much higher, so lots of phone calls and resubmitting bills. Take a deep breath (rachel too) and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! and have FUN at disney. That little guy is so worth it. While our fight was for far less money, know that you are not along...lol
Anne Hurd said…
Good luck with the insurance. I can so relate. Congrats on the new car too.
Hugs to Isaiah,
Anne and Aiden Hurd

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy St Nicks Day

Surgery Update Numero Tres