The first night, so far...

Well its about 11:30. We've had him home for about 5 hrs now and slowly getting into our routine. He was hysterically hungry at 8 when we had to give him his Zantac and Flonase, but he woke up a full hour early for his next feeding at 11:00. (He was supposed to wait until midnight) And thats where we sit. Dad got the baby monitors working and Mom is finishing pumping and hopefully Izzy sleeps for his 3 hrs this time.

I can totally see why people say we would get no sleep. We thought we weren't getting sleep when he was in the NICU because we were worried about him. Now we won't get sleep because we have to do everything for him. I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead, but how people do this and juggle work at the same time I just don't know right yet. Give me a week or so and I'll claim to be an expert, but for now Rachel and I are fumbling through our first night.

R's Mom is here with us too tonight, so I can't write long, but if we're all up again at the next feeding, there will probably be another little blurb here.

I hope you look forward to delirious 4 am babble!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok we will catch the 4 am at 8 in the morning. We've had our sleepless nights. ha. We are praying for you. Love GGJune & Mona
Anonymous said…
Hey Guys,

None of us know how we do it, But I am sure you all will do fine. Take a deep breath and just sleep when you can. I speak babble to. LOL

XOXO
Marpessa
Walter said…
I am up working on some stuff, and just checked your blog.

So good to hear Izzy is home! PS, I loved the tour of the bedroom.

I'm sure I'll be up all night at my computer, so I look forward to any updates

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres