Coffee and Pickles

Coffee and Pickles are not a good combination, just so you all know. I didn't feel like cooking up a full breakfast this morning while I was up with Isaiah, so I just grabbed a couple things out of the fridge and boy does my stomach regret it.

Anyways Isaiah has been doing great lately. He's pulling himself up on everything now as you could see in last weeks video and luckily he's left the tree alone, but not the cat. He's figured out how to turn on and off his keyboard and the tv too (much to our dismay) . Plus he's crawling around like crazy now. We're talking supersonic fast.

Yesterday was an interesting day for him. He first learned to mimic Rachel's 'Muah' when she gives him a kiss (or blows one at him) and now he's reciprocating it back. It's absolutely adorable. Completely opposite of that he also had his first big temper tantrum yesterday. He went ballistic, kicking, screaming, crying, and hitting when Rachel and I were trying to keep him from attacking the cat. If you didn't know Oliver, our cat, is around 14 years old, and starting to slow down. Before Isaiah could climb up on things Oliver was safe sitting up on the couch cushions. We'll its not the case anymore. Isaiah and I were playing on the floor and then I saw the look in his eye when he saw the cat. We see this determined look quite a bit lately, and when it happens he'll do whatever he can to get what he wants. Well, I put my leg up on the couch so that Isaiah could still stand up against the couch and my leg, but not reach the cat. He did not like this. At first he gave out a little whimper cry that he does to let us know he doesn't like something or something is in his way. He then tried to push my foot off the couch and when that didn't work he started hitting my foot and screaming. Rachel grabbed him and tried to calm and distract him, but he kept kicking and squirming his way out of her arms and crawling back to the couch and my leg, starting the whole process over again. We knew he was tired and that was part of it, but when Rachel took him to the bed he still was putting up a fight. A little good and and a ton of bad yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres