Whoops there it was

So sorry for the lack of posts. It's be a couple of busy weeks since we got back from Dallas. A bunch of sleepless nights and taking turns having Isaiah sleep on us (and Grandma Hanthorn) since while he was swollen that was the only way he would stay asleep. Work has been busy for me which is definitely good, but in combination with the lack of sleep, it was getting draining for awhile. Also my best friend in Atlanta, Peter J, moved back to his native Seattle. He was a former coworker of mine at my old job and we both got laid off on the same day, so needless to say what little free time I had the last couple weeks I was trying to spend with my buddy. If I could somehow convince Rachel to write here there would be more updates, but enough about that and back to the man of the hour, day, month, year, nay millennium.

Isaiah has been doing great, crawling around like crazy, babbling more and more and the other day he started raising his arms when they tell him to on Disney's Little Einsteins. You could just tell that this surgery flicked another switch on in his little brain. His swelling is all gone and the scar on his head is healing well. We're getting used to his new look, but its not all that drastically different. The biggest thing right now is waiting for the last dissolveable stitch to pop in his left eye so he doesn't look like a squinting pirate anymore. Otherwise his eyes just look a bit more deep set than before now that the forehead comes out over them a little bit.

Isaiah's also been playing peek-a-boo with us on the floor. He darts back and forth from behind the couch or wall and just looks at us and giggles. Just before I started writing this post he was sitting in the Living Room popping his head through the archway looking for me in the Den anbd as soon as I'd turn to look at him he'd hide behind the wall and start laughing. He's also started waving anytime anyone picks up keys or goes by the front door. He's really stating to pickup on tons of things very quickly and its a great feeling.

Last but not least, those of you who don't know me personally don't know how much I love Christmas. Usually I've got the tree and outside lights up November 1st (I wait until after Halloween at least) but since we got back from Dallas that weekend and taking care of Isaiah I didn't get the outside lights up until last weekend, finished decorating the tree in the living room this weekend, and sometime this week we'll get the little tree up in the Den. I just love the lights and all of the memories around the season from growing up like St. Nick's Day, decorating cookies with my Mom and Sister, Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve after dinner at Grandma Mix's, the small family Christmas morning with Kielbasa and Cherry Pierogi for breakfast, and going to the Kiley's Christmas Party with my Dad. I miss my family back in Wisconsin so much this time of year and I use the excuse of decorating so early to have more of those memories around for longer amounts of time, plus it doesn't hurt that Isaiah love the twinkling lights.

Comments

Unknown said…
The time between Thanksgiving and New Year's is my favorite time of the year! I love the snow, twinkling lights, roaring fire, beautiful tree and decorations, food, friends and family.

Glad to see you posting again, and really happy to hear that Isaiah is developing at a rapid pace!

Hugs, Erin
Marie said…
It sounds like Isaiah is doing great! I'm just now getting around to posting the pics from your visit. Good for you for getting the lights up already!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy St Nicks Day