Post Concert / Welcome!

Well all in all Rachel and I are beat, but we had a great time at the benefit concert yesterday. Isaiah lasted out there way longer than we even expected and was able to stay from about 3-8pm. If you're just first coming here after getting the blog card at the concert you can scroll back and get more of the story about Isaiah. There are a bunch of picture links on the left hand bar and we'll have some from the concert up soon. Welcome!

There are just so many people to thank for yesterday I barely know where to start. First and foremost, I want to thank Karlee Brown for all her help getting this organized and put together. I've barely known her for more than a year and only from work, but its great that people like her exist and want to help us. She's the one that brought everyone together and really made the day possible. No matter what anyone else thinks, this day was a complete success to us. It doesn't matter how much money we raised on that one day, we've gained so many new friends and extended family members now that want to help I know we're in good hands for years to come.

I also want to thank the American Legion - Red, Max, Dan, Barry, and there was at least one more I think was named Carmello. I understand they've raised quite a bit of money for us already and it sounds like they'll be part of our extended family for quite some time. They were security for the day, and great guys all around.

The bands were great too, Mojo Hand, The Loose Shoes, BSG Project, Rhythm Raiders, and the Mike Watson Band. The music was phenomenal, I had to stay to the very end and take it all in. I want to thank them all for sharing their time and gifts with us all.

I also want to thank all the volunteers that helped make the day possible, many of them my co-workers, Karlee's family and friends, and even the Mayor of Mountain Park and their Fire Department and EMS. There were a ton of local businesses and restaurants that donated items for the raffle which also sounds like it was very sucessfull!

Last but not least, thank you to everyone that came out yesterday. There may not have been thousands of people there, but it sounds like everyone who came was very generous. We hope you enjoyed yourselves and maybe we'll try and make this a yearly thing if we haven't burnt out Karlee too much in this process.

We'll know the full total of the proceeds come Tuesday, but thank you EVERYONE for your help and generosity!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad to hear the benefit concert went well! Even though I could not make it, I want to thank everyone for helping make the event a success for Isaiah and the family. Love you, Becca
Ang mix said…
Bands for baby sounded awesome. Can I still send a donation?
Love cousin angela

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres