Who'll Stop the Rain? 09/21

Thank goodness we decorated Isaiah's room with a Noah's Ark theme because with all the rain we're having here in Atlanta, the house just might float away... Well its not that bad yet, but we have had about a half an inch of water in much of the basement. Either the house has settled over the years, or the floor is just that out of whack, because only half of the basement is wet right now. Of course its the half that includes our little 'dungeon room' that is carpeted which means I will be having fun in the next week removing who knows how old wet carpet in order to prevent mold from over taking the house. The HEPA filter in Isaiah's room will be running extra this week that's for sure.

Most schools are closed around the metro tomorrow, which makes this rain almost like a snow day back up north, but much wetter and warmer. Work shut down early today because of the rain, and I don't know if we'll be open tomorrow since the owner lives about a 45 minute drive away when the roads aren't flooded over. One sign you know it's really bad is when the Chinese restaurant is closed. They're always open, but today when we decided we weren't cooking and called for take out, they were closed. No General Tso's Chicken for me :(

It's supposed to rain here every day until Monday of next week and it has been raining here for nearly a week straight to boot! Isaiah liked it at first, but we're getting stir crazy asnd so is he from the weather. He's getting really close to crawling and he's gabbing like crazy. Sometimes I swear he's talking back to the thunder!

Comments

Marie said…
I did not realize the rain was so bad over that way. I probably would if I watched the news. I thought we had it bad but now I'm sending prayers out for you guys.
Taryn said…
Hi Brian and family - Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you guys for a Lemonade Award. Please visit my blog to read more about it: www.theskeesfamily.com.

Take care,
Taryn

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres