Home Day 1

Man have we got one crabby little kiddo.  I mean I know I'd be crabby if I had just spent 12.5 hrs in the car yesterday and my head still weighs more than normal.  He does have all his spirit back though.  He wants to do everything himself which is great, but also freaks Rachel and me out. The top heaviness makes him a little more uncoordinated than normal and even just transitions from laying down to sitting up can result in a pendulum like swing back down to the other side of the couch or bed.  His energy level is still pretty sapped though so we kind of do one thing of playing or a bath and rest on the couch for a while and watch some of the Chuggington DVD's he got as a present.  He's still sleeping quite a bit, but we make sure he keeps rotating to the swelling doesn't build up on one side.  He was also super excited to play with the rocket my cousin Angela Lowe and her husband Michael gave him in the hospital.  We haven't shot it off outside yet, but he's been flying to foam rocket part all around the den.

Today is going to be kind of a chill day trying to figure out what exactly we need for the week.  I slept in a bit to catch up on much needed sleep and am heading back to work tomorrow morning. Rachel's going to go to the store for some essentials and if he's got the energy we're going to try to grab a late lunch at our favorite hot dog place, Barker's Red Hots.  He absolutely loves that place! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surgery Update Numero Tres